The 2014 IDG Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey highlights research on today’s cloud computing trends that technology decision-makers are faced with, including adoption and plans across various cloud service and deployment models, investments, business drivers, impact on business strategy, and plans.
Key Findings Include:
- Cloud computing implementation is increasing IT flexibility, innovation and responsiveness. (Click to Tweet)
- Cloud investments continue to rise and enterprise organizations are investing significantly more than SMBs. (Click to Tweet)
- Over half of companies are still identifying IT operations that could move to the cloud, however more than one-third have already identified their operations. (Click to Tweet)
- IT must be involved in the cloud purchase selection as cloud related projects return to IT ownership due to lack of skill sets and security. (Click to Tweet)
- Both public and private cloud service providers must create and communicate security policies to be considered a valued partner. (Click to Tweet)
- Consistent performance and availability must be a key attribute for vendor solutions. (Click to Tweet)
IDG Enterprise’s 2014 Cloud Computing Survey was conducted across more than 1,600 IT and security decision-makers at a variety of industries that visit IDG Enterprise brands (CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World), IDG UK brands (CIO, Computerworld, Techworld), or IDG Sweden brands (CIO, Cloud Magazine, Computer, IDG, InternetWorld, TechWorld).
For more information on this study, view the sample slides below. To receive a PDF of the research, please contact Sue Yanovitch.