The 2017 Computerworld Forecast Study is conducted to determine IT priorities for 2017 in areas such as spending, staffing and technology. New this year, the study takes a closer look at digital disruption and the technologies associated with transformation.
- IT decision-makers mostly plan to keep their current levels of investment in technology steady, with enterprises more likely to increase their tech investments.
- Digital transformation is underway at many organizations as efforts are keeping them in pace, well into the process or even ahead of the curve.
- While data/analytics and cloud/SaaS will have the most impact on organizations in the future, other disruptive technologies such as self-service IT, mobile payments, IoT and AI will also shake things up.
- IT hiring plans will remain steady for the upcoming year. However, plans to add certain skillsets will be difficult as the most in-demand are also some of the hardest to find.
- Security is an area of much interest again as it’s the single most important project IT is working on, the area of most increased investment, poses the biggest leadership challenge and is the hardest skillset for IT groups to hire for.
For more information, please view the following excerpt from the study or download the executive summary here.
To request a meeting with an IDG Enterprise sales executive to walk through the full study, please complete the form below.