Honorees will be recognized at annual CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony in August 2012
Framingham, Mass.– June 1, 2012–IDG’s CIO, the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership, announces the 2012 CIO 100 honorees. This annual awards program, celebrating its 25th year, recognizes 100 organizations that have distinguished themselves by creating business value through the innovative use of IT. The winners will be recognized during a gala awards dinner and ceremony at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony, being held August 19-21, 2012 at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
The CIO 100 honorees and their achievements will also be highlighted in the August 1, 2012, issue of CIO and on CIO.com.
“For 25 years now, the CIO 100 awards have celebrated the innovative use of technology to deliver genuine business value,” said Maryfran Johnson, editor in chief of CIO magazine & events. “Our 2012 winners each provide an outstanding example of the transformative power of IT to drive everything from revenue growth to competitive advantage.”
In addition to honoring the 2012 CIO 100 honorees and learning from their success stories, the CIO 100 Symposium agenda is packed with leading IT executives sharing strategies and best practices designed to help their peers find innovative solutions to today’s IT challenges. The full agenda can be viewed at CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony.
“The CIO 100 awards have a reputation for highlighting organizations that have invested in IT innovation for overall business value. It is a pleasure to congratulate the 2012 honorees and celebrate their accomplishments,” said Adam Dennison, VP and publisher of CIO. “The CIO 100 Symposium is the ideal opportunity for innovative IT leaders to share best practices and discuss high-impact trends like mobile, IT consumerization and cloud. Our event also provides an opportunity for attendees to learn about new IT solutions from our underwriter T-Systems and sponsoring companies such as Box, CommVault, CompuCom, Good, Information Builders, NTT Group and SAS.”
2012 CIO 100 Honorees:
- Agero (formerly Cross Country Automotive Services)
- American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Applied Materials
- AT&T Services Inc.
- Avnet, Inc.
- BAE Systems, Inc.
- Baker Hughes Inc.
- Barclays PLC
- The Boeing Company
- Boston Scientific Global Information Systems
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Celgene Corporation
- Christiana Care Health System
- City and County of San Francisco – Dept of Technology
- City of Boston
- City of Melrose, Massachusetts
- City of New Berlin, Wisconsin
- The Clorox Company
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Collaboration Branch, PEO-ES, DISA
- Constant Contact
- Continuum Health Partners
- The Corporation of the City of Brampton
- Covanta Energy Corporation
- CUNA Mutual Group
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- DISH Network Corporation
- Eaton Corporation
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Energy Future Holding Information Technology
- Enterprise Services Center (ESC)
- Equifax Inc.
- Erickson Living Management, LLC
- Facey Medical Foundation
- FedEx Corporation
- GE Water & Process Technologies
- GlaxoSmithKline TURKEY
- Gloucester Engineering Co., Inc.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Governor’s Office of Information Technology
- Headquarters United States Marine Corps, Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) Department
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA)
- Hess Corporation
- The Hertz Corporation
- Horace Mann
- Huntington National Bank
- Indiana University
- Intel Corporation
- Intuit, Inc.
- Iowa Workforce Development
- iRobot Corporation
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- ManTech International Corporation
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Matson Navigation Company, Inc.
- Mazda North American Operations
- Meridian Health Plan
- The Methodist Hospital
- Mohawk Fine Papers
- Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
- Nationwide Insurance
- Northern Kentucky University
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- OGE Energy Corp
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (ODFL)
- PACCAR Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- PNC Financial Services
- Procter & Gamble
- Quest Diagnostics
- Raytheon Company
- Restaurant Technologies Inc.
- Scottrade Financial Services, Inc.
- Seven Corners
- Siemsen Group
- SquareTwo Financial
- Talisman Energy
- Texas Health Resources
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Toyota Financial Services
- Trust Company of America
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- University of Pennsylvania/Information Systems & Computing
- Verizon Wireless
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute
- W.W. Grainger, Inc.
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
- Wolfe, LLC
- Zimmer, Inc.
About the CIO 100
The recipients of this year’s CIO 100 award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of judges reviewed the applications in depth, looking for unique practices and substantial results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges’ recommendations and voted on the final 100.
Complete coverage of the 2012 CIO 100 awards will be online at CIO.com on August 1, 2012 and in the August 1st issue of CIO magazine.
To attend the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony, please register at: http://www.cio100.com/VIP.
CIO produces award-winning content and community resources for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of business, as well as creates opportunities for information technology and consumer marketers to reach them. The CIO portfolio includes CIO.com, CIO magazine (launched in 1987), CIO Executive Programs and the CIO Executive Council. CIO properties provide business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. The U.S. edition of the magazine and website are recipients of more than 200 awards to date, including the American Society of Business Publication Editor’s Top B-to-B Magazine since 2000 and Website of the Year in 2010 and two Grand Neals from the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards. CIO websites and printed publications appear in more than 25 countries, including Australia, Canada, Finland, India and Sweden. CIO Executive Programs—a series of face-to-face conferences including the CIO 100 Awards & Symposium™—provide educational and networking opportunities for pre-qualified corporate and government leaders. The CIO Executive Council is a professional organization of CIOs created to serve as an unbiased and trusted peer advisory group. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events, and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Manager