The annual Computerworld Forecast Study was conducted to determine IT priorities for 2015 in areas such as spending, staffing and technology.
- IT decision-makers largely plan to maintain their current levels of investment in almost all areas, with an overall IT budget increase of 4.3%.
- IT Heads prioritize business driving initiatives such as growing revenue, growing profitability & enhancing competitiveness.
- Cloud projects are the single most important technology initiatives right now and expected to cause the most disruption in the future, with the goal being to improve service and generate new revenue streams.
- IoT is bubbling up into general awareness at an increased rate, with nearly a third saying it’s a new category of spending in the coming year.
- As tech & hiring budgets stabilize, once outsourced projects are beginning to come back in-house.
For more information on this study, view the excerpt below.