100 IT Leaders will be recognized at annual Premier 100 IT Leadership Conference
December 4, 2013—Framingham, Mass—IDG’s Computerworld—the leading IT media brand dedicated to providing insight into enterprise innovation from core to edge technologies—reveals the 2014 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders honorees, who will be recognized during the 15th annual Premier 100 IT Leadership Conference, co-produced by the CIO Executive Council. Honorees were selected for their demonstration of positive management strategies, innovation despite business challenges and effective use of information technology.
The Premier 100 honorees, along with their successes, will be featured in the February 27, 2014 issue of Computerworld, on Computerworld.com and during the Premier 100 IT Leadership Conference held March 2-4, 2014, at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
“The Premier 100 awards program, now in its 15th year, shines a well-deserved spotlight on a group of talented, creative and hard-working men and women. These IT executives are driving technology innovation in business, education and government across the country and around the world,” said Scot Finnie, editor in chief of Computerworld. “Technology advances quickly, and these leaders excel at keeping pace with the changing needs of customers and employees, and making fast technology decisions that map to their organizations’ top priorities. They have developed a deep bench of talented IT staffers at their organizations and managed to keep their own skills fresh by constantly mastering new technologies and processes. We are privileged to recognize the leadership and achievements of the 2014 Premier 100 honorees.”
IT and business decision-makers find themselves exploring innovative ways to incorporate technology to drive business results. Expertise from the honorees will be weaved into the 2014 agenda, providing attendees the opportunity to gain awareness on the best techniques to manage social media security, big data, enterprise risk management and much more. The full agenda can be viewed at www.premier100.com/agenda.
“The Premier 100 recognizes the business value that technology can bring to an organization and the individuals who execute projects from concept to reality,” said Adam Dennison, VP and publisher of Computerworld. “I am excited to have these honorees and a robust group of IT solution providers—including Cisco, Information Builders, NTT Data and OutSystems—come together to share how integrating edge technologies and concepts into technology strategy can build competitive advantage and accelerate organizational growth.”
2014 Premier 100 Honorees:
- Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary of IT, Government of Maharashtra
- Rosa B. Akhtarkhavari, CIO, City of Orlando
- Joan Albeck, CTO & Senior VP, IT Infrastructure and Security, Scottrade Financial Services Inc.
- Tom Amrhein, CIO, Forrester Construction
- Shankar Arumugavelu, Senior VP & CIO, Verizon
- Karen Austin, Senior VP & CIO, Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Michael Barnas, Director, Applications & Development, UKMEA, U.S. and Asia-Pacific regions, Dentons
- David Behen, CIO, State of Michigan Department of Technology
- Rickey Burks, Senior VP, Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, USAA
- Scott Carl, VP & CIO, Parsons Corp.
- Curtis A. Carver Jr., Vice Chancellor & CIO, Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
- Ronald S. Chandler, CIO, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Kumar Chatani, Senior VP & CIO, Mount Sinai Health System
- Pablo Ciano, CIO, DHL Express
- James B. Cole, Senior VP & CIO, First National Bank of Omaha N.A.
- Nick Costides, VP, UPS Information Services, UPS
- Jamie Cutler, VP & CIO, QEP Resources
- Jim Ditmore, Senior VP, Allstate Technology & Operations, Allstate Insurance Co.
- Frankie Duenas, CTO, Cabrillo Credit Union
- James R. Edmunds, Director, IT, American Infrastructure
- Sashi Edupuganti, Head of Application Services, Bridgewater Associates LP
- Cindy Elkins, VP & Head of IT Americas, Genentech
- Tony Encinias, CIO, Governor’s Office of Administration, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Mark A. Farrow, VP & CIO, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Caroline Faulkner, CIO & Senior Managing Director, Pramerica Systems Ireland, Ltd.
- Jim H.C. Forbes, CTO, University Health Network
- Thomas O. Frahm, VP, Chr. Hansen
- Paige Francis, CIO, Fairfield University
- Scott F. Franzel, VP, IT, OFS Brands
- Philip A. Garland, U.S. CIO, PwC
- P.B. Garrett, Associate Provost & Chief Academic Technology Officer, The George Washington University
- Sven W. Gerjets, Senior VP, IT, DIRECTV
- Sal Giambrone, Senior VP, Architecture & Operations, Tickets.com
- Lynn A. Gibson, VP & CTO, Christus Health
- Edward L. Goldman, IT CTO, Intel Corp.
- Fernando Gonzalez, CIO, Byer California
- William E. Graff, Senior VP, Technology Services, Cerner Corp.
- Doreen L. Griffith, Executive VP & CIO, Securities America Inc.
- Shirin Hamid, CTO, United Nations Development Programme
- John Hanson, VP, Corporate Systems, Sabre Holdings
- Sonny A. Hashmi, Deputy CIO, General Services Administration
- Jeffrey C. Johnson, Assistant Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Adriana Karaboutis, VP & CIO, Dell Inc.
- Stuart Kippelman, VP & CIO, Covanta Energy Corp.
- Barbara D. Kissner, Senior VP & CIO, International Fidelity Insurance Co.
- Srini Koushik, President & CEO, NTT Innovation Institute Inc.
- Werner E. Kruck, COO, Security First Insurance Co.
- Wendy L. Lee, Senior VP, Digital Health Technology & Strategic Initiatives, Kaiser Permanente
- Mark Lilien, Senior VP & CIO, Things Remembered
- Chad Long, Information Systems Division Chief, U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center
- Michael Macrie, VP & CIO, Land O’ Lakes
- Catherine A. Maras, CIO, Bexar County Government
- John Marcante, CIO & Managing Director, Vanguard
- Ed M. Martinez, Senior VP & CIO, Miami Children’s Hospital
- Mark T. Masterson, CIO, Arizona Department of Education
- William T. Mayo, Senior Director of IT, Development & Delivery, Biogen Idec
- Rick Mears, Senior VP & CIO, Owens & Minor Inc.
- Nader Mherabi, Senior VP, Vice Dean, & CIO, NYU Lagone Medical Center
- Berni D. Mobley, VP, IT, SAS
- Roger L. Neal, VP & CIO, Duncan Regional Hospital
- Hortense K. Nelson, Information Management, Director, Program Integration, Idaho National Laboratory
- Robert Norris, CIO & VP, Strategic Development, Pinnacol Assurance
- Anthony Nuzzo, VP & Chief Development Officer, Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc.
- David J. O’Brien, Director, Enterprise Technology, Karl Storz Endoskope
- Tony Pagliarulo, Senior VP & Chief IT Operating Officer, EMC Corp.
- Pam Parisian, Senior VP, IT Mobility, AT&T Services Inc.
- Earl C. Parks Jr., Executive Director, Technology Services, Gallaudet University
- David M. Paschane, Lead Scientist, Aplin Labs
- Alan C. Pawlak, Head of Client Services, Aetna
- Doris Peek, Senior VP of IT & CIO, Broward Health
- Tim Peterson, Executive VP & CIO, Wellmark Inc.
- Dan Petlon, CIO at large (former CIO at Enterasys Networks)
- Tim Platt, CIO & VP of Information Systems & Information Security, Toyota Engineering and Manufacturing North America
- Eric Presley, CTO, Careerbuilder.com
- Rob Pringle, Director of Global IT, Gazprom Marketing & Trading Ltd.
- Gerard Purcell, Senior VP of IT, Avnet Inc.
- Sukumar Rajagopal, Senior VP, CIO & Head of Innovation, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Venki Rao, CIO, GE Digital Energy
- Rob Reynolds, VP, Rapid Software Development, Comcast Cable
- Rick Roy, Senior VP & CIO, CUNA Mutual Group
- Tony Saldanha, GM, Global Business Services, The Procter & Gamble Co.
- Rochelle Shaw, Director of Health IT Program Management & Financial Services Division, Wellpoint
- Christine Shimizu, VP & CIO, Intelligence, Information & Services, Raytheon Co.
- James R. Stalder, VP & CTO, Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Joel Steigelfest, CIO, Cross Country Home Services
- Cynthia A. Stoddard, Senior VP & CIO, NetApp Inc.
- Adam Stone, CTO & Deputy CIO, Berkeley Lab
- Derald P. Sue, CIO, InsideTrack, Inc.
- Karen Sullivan, CIO & CSO, Publix Employees Federal Credit Union
- Everett J. Sutherland, Senior VP & CIO, Commonwealth Financial Network
- Manu Tandon, Secretariat CIO, Executive Office of Health & Human Services; Massachusetts HIT Coordinator, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Robert Thielmann, Senior VP & CIO, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
- William J. Walders, CIO, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Tom L. West, VP & CIO, Nova Southeastern University
- Gary M. Wimberly, Senior VP & CIO, Express Scripts
- Craig S. Wishart, CIO & Executive GM, Customer Contact Solutions, Service Stream Ltd.
- Michael A. Wisler, Managing VP of IT, Capital One Financial Corp.
- Wes Wright, Senior VP & CIO, Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Angela Yochem, Global CIO, BDP International
- Steven E. Zerby, VP & CIO, Owens Corning
For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Adam Dennison, VP & Publisher, Computerworld at email@example.com
Follow Computerworld on Twitter: @Computerworld and #Premier100
Follow IDG Enterprise on Twitter: @IDGEnterprise
Follow CIO Executive Council on Twitter: @CIOec
Join Computerworld on LinkedIn: http://www.computerworld.com/linkedin
Like Computerworld on Facebook: http://facebook.com/computerworld
About the Premier 100
The Premier 100 program was created in 2000 to spotlight individuals who have had a positive impact on their organizations through technology. These are individuals who manage internal IT organizations, mentor and motivate their IT teams and business colleagues, create a positive work environment, envision innovative solutions to business challenges and effectively manage and execute IT strategies. Each year nominees are invited to complete a survey that addresses a number of topics, including their background and experience and their attitude toward risk and innovation. Using Computerworld’s IT Leader Index, which is a measurement of how closely an individual matches our definition of the IT Leader, we analyze the data. Each year, 100 honorees are selected to receive this lifetime recognition award. Information on previous honorees can be viewed at: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9065479/Premier_100_IT_Leaders
Computerworld is the leading IT media brand helping Sr. IT, business decision-makers and key influencers navigate change with effective business strategy. Computerworld enables the IT value chain with unique editorial coverage from setting strategies to deriving value from core to edge technologies. Computerworld’s award-winning website (www.computerworld.com), publication, focused conference series, custom solutions and research forms the hub of the world’s largest (40+ edition) global IT media network and provides opportunities for IT vendors to engage this audience. Computerworld leads the industry with an online audience of over 7.1 million monthly page views (Omniture, February 2013) and was recognized in BtoB’s 2013 Media Power 50 list; recognition Computerworld has received for more than 5 consecutive years. Computerworld is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events and research company. Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Sr. Marketing & PR Manager