300+ CIOs and Sr. IT Executives to discuss critical business impact of Mobile, Big Data, Cloud and Social Technologies
Framingham, Mass.– June 3, 2013–IDG’s CIO, the executive-level IT media brand providing insight into business technology leadership, is proud to announce the 2013 CIO 100 winners. This annual awards program recognizes 100 organizations that have distinguished themselves by creating business value through the innovative use of IT. The winners will be recognized during a gala awards dinner and ceremony at the CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony, being held August 11-13, 2013 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
“Every year we are so impressed by the resourceful, business-savvy use of technology across all of our CIO 100 winning companies,” said Maryfran Johnson, editor in chief of CIO magazine & events. “This year we saw a much greater emphasis on faster project turnarounds and speed of delivery, use of mobility and social technologies, and smarter use of all sorts of data to engage customers.”
Insight into Award Winning IT
Weaved into sessions on mobility, big data, collaboration, cloud and IT leadership, CIO 100 winners will share success stories and strategies designed to help their peers find innovative solutions to today’s IT challenges. These conversations will be especially detailed during the CIO 100 Innovators Workshop—a session where attendees take part in small group conversations with selected award recipients. The symposium concludes with an awards ceremony recognizing the 2013 CIO 100 winners. The full agenda can be viewed at CIO 100 Symposium & Awards Ceremony.
“The CIO 100 not only celebrates IT innovation, but lays the groundwork for IT executives to replicate winning projects at their organization and propel their business forward,” said Adam Dennison, VP & publisher of CIO. “I am excited to have a robust group of IT solution providers participating in the 2013 CIO 100 Symposium to lead discussions and share case studies on how they can partner with the attendees to make their IT strategies and goals a reality.”
2013 CIO 100 Honorees:
- Allergan, Inc.
- Allrecipes.com, Inc.
- Allstate Roadside Services
- American Red Cross
- Amgen, Inc.
- Assay Depot, Inc.
- AT&T, Inc.
- The Blackstone Group LP
- BMC Software, Inc.
- The Boeing Co.
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- CareFusion Corp.
- Chattahoochee Technical College
- Christiana Care Health System
- City of Boston
- City University of Hong Kong
- Clarus Marketing Group, Inc.
- Cleveland Airport System
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Colorado Governor’s Office of InformationTechnology
- The Corporation of the City of Brampton
- Covanta Energy Corp.
- Cross Country Home Services
- CUNA Mutual Group
- Dalian Wanda Group Corp., Ltd.
- DFW International Airport
- Donlen Corp.
- The Dow Chemical Co.
- Dubai Aluminium
- Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.
- Edenred USA
- EMC Corp.
- Equifax, Inc.
- Evyap Group
- EWIE Co., Inc.
- Express Scripts, Inc.
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- FedEx Corp.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital Board, Inc.
- Gazprom Marketing & Trading
- GE Digital Energy
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Healthagen, an Aetna subsidiary
- HDFC Life
- Health Decisions, Inc.
- Hess Corp.
- Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
- ING Direct Australia
- Intel Corp.
- Interstate Batteries
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Juhudi Kilimo, Ltd.
- King County (Wash.) Department of Information Technology
- KLA-Tencor Corp.
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Leon County (Fla.) Board of County Commissioners
- Lincoln Trust Co.
- Meridian Health Plan
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning of Chile
- Mobily Co.
- Network Rail
- The Nielsen Co.
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Ogilvy & Mather
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Oregon Mutual Insurance
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Pitt Ohio Express
- Premier Healthcare Alliance
- PrimeLending, a PlainsCapital Company
- The Procter & Gamble Company
- The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies
- Qualcomm, Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Reinsurance Group of America, Inc.
- Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- Sappi Fine Paper North America
- San Diego County Technology Office
- Seton Hill University
- Software AG
- State of Michigan, Department of Technology, Management and Budget
- TD Bank Group
- Trek Bicycles
- U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Verizon Wireless
- Villanova University
- Wells Fargo
- Yodle, Inc.
Sponsors include T-Systems, AT&T, Box, Information Builders and SunGard. For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Adam Dennison, vice president & publisher, CIO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the CIO 100
The recipients of this year’s CIO 100 award were selected through a three-step process. First, companies filled out an online application form detailing their innovative IT and business initiatives. Next, a team of judges reviewed the applications in depth, looking for unique practices and substantial results. Finally, CIO editors reviewed the judges’ recommendations and voted on the final 100.
Complete coverage of the 2013 CIO 100 awards will be online at CIO.com on August 1, 2013 and in the August 1st issue of CIO magazine.
CIO is the premier content and community resource for information technology executives and leaders thriving and prospering in this fast-paced era of IT transformation in the enterprise. The award-winning CIO portfolio—CIO.com, CIO magazine (launched in 1987), CIO executive programs, CIO custom solutions, CIO Forum on LinkedIn, CIO Executive Council and CIO primary research—provides business technology leaders with analysis and insight on information technology trends and a keen understanding of IT’s role in achieving business goals. Additionally, CIO provides opportunities for IT solution providers to reach this executive IT audience. The CIO Executive Council is a professional organization of CIOs created to serve as an unbiased and trusted peer advisory group. CIO is published by IDG Enterprise, a subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, events, and research company. Company information is available at http://www.idgenterprise.com/.
Sr. Marketing & PR Manager